Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Here's a recipe I have been making for guests

Ok, when we started this blog, I said I would occasionally give you a recipe, so here is a recipe that
I like to fix for our guests occasionally.  It takes about a ton of bacon to fix but it has been well received by everyone so far.  When you have a Bed and Breakfast, bacon is a big expense.  Kinda like the power bill, you just pay it and go on.  You gotta have heat and you gotta have bacon.  Anyway...
this is kind of a stupid way to write out a recipe but this is a first for me.

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit

Take a length of bacon and spread it out on a baking sheet.  Then put down one right beside of it and keep doing them side by side until you are looking at a square of bacon.  Then "weave" in bacon by putting a piece of bacon running in the opposite direction of the first ones and put one on top and then on the bottom of the next piece as close together as you can get it. 

When you get finished you should see a square of "weaved" bacon. Bake this in the oven for about 20 minutes. Check this often,  When it looks crispy take it out.

Now while this mess is baking, you should cook on the stovetop about a 1/2 bag of hash browns according to instructions on the bag.  When this is finished, your bacon is probably crispy.  (Mine usually is) Now take your bacon out of the oven and place your hash browns in the center of the bacon and roll into a log,  Bake for another 5 minutes and  pull out your weaved log.

I then take out the log and slice it into sections.  Kinda looks pretty and tastes great.  If this is too complicated or if i haven't done a good job telling you how to make it, come to the Linkous House and watch and I will show you how its done.  It won't cost much, our rooms are very clean  and you'll get a great night stay out of it as well.  Anyway, I think that I should get Wendy to take a picture of this tomorrow and have her post it here....

The secret is out, I am a great chef.  Just ask me ! LOL

If you wanna try this and then you eat it and die you can come and haunt us for free !

Come and see us

Michael J.

PS (This is Wendy) Michael J has been running the kitchen here for the better part of five years....he has yet to kill anyone ! Hehe ! He fixes the best fancy pancakes I have ever seen or tasted...I will add photos of those too ! yummy !

No comments:

Post a Comment